What Type of Gutters Are Best?
Gutters are an important part of your home and roofing system. In order to protect your roof, as well as the structure of your home, it is important to have gutters. Gutter systems are able to remove water from roofs in order to prevent water leaks; they are also important because they ensure that water doesn’t come into contact with your home’s foundation. When it comes to gutter systems, there are two types you can choose from, seamless gutters and regular gutters. What do regular gutters mean? Regular gutters mean that they are sections of gutters that have been pre-cut so they are easy to install. The seams and joints of regular gutters have to be sealed in order to prevent leaking.
What does seamless gutters mean? Seamless gutters mean that the gutter is manufactured in one long piece and is not sectioned, unlike regular gutters. There are no seams in seamless gutters (hence the name) so there doesn’t have to be any sealing at the joints or seams. When deciding on gutters, people want to know which is better. So in terms of seamless gutters vs regular gutters, which is better? Its honestly going to depend on your home, but also your finances. Seamless gutters are more expensive upfront, but they require less maintenance and will last longer than regular gutters. Because regular gutters are made of sections, they have the potential to leak, which will cost you money in repairs. Talking to a roofer about which one you should get can make the decision a lot easier.
Are Seamless Gutters Better?
To understand if seamless gutters are better than regular gutters, it’s important to look at seamless gutters pros and cons. If you’ve been wondering, “What are the advantages of seamless gutters?” or “What are the disadvantages of seamless gutters?” then you can read on to find out more about the benefits and drawbacks.
Seamless Gutter Advantages
- Low Maintenance: Because there are no seams or joints, you won’t have any leaks and your gutters won’t be near as clogged with leaves and debris. This means less maintenance for you.
- A decrease in Clogs: Again, because there are no seams or joints, clogs will be reduced. This will prevent water from overflowing on your roof and causing leaks.
- Easy Installation: Because seamless gutters come in one piece, they are a lot easier to install.
- Aesthetically Pleasing: Since there are no obvious seams or joints, seamless gutters are a lot more attractive.
- Fewer Leaks: Without joints or seams, these gutter systems are less likely to leak.
Seamless Gutter Disadvantages
- More Expensive: Because they are constructed into one piece, they can be more expensive in terms of materials and installation.
- Replace/Repair the Whole Gutter: If for some reason seamless gutter needs to be repaired or replaced, you have to remove the whole gutter system instead of one section.
- Expert Installation: Installing these types of gutters require the expertise of licensed roofers.
Seamless Gutters with Leaf Guard
Seamless gutters are a great investment for your home, ensuring that you don’t get clogs or leaks in your gutters. Another way to ensure you never get clogs is by having a leaf guard installed. Leaf guards are placed over the top of gutters and they are able to catch leaves and other debris. A leaf guard will take it the next step further and make sure that your seamless gutters never have any issues with clogs. Finding the perfect leaf guards is crucial, as there will be some that are better than others. When you call a roofer to install your seamless gutters, ask them if they are able to install leaf guards, as well. They are able to point you in the right direction and help you find the best leaf guards for your gutters.
Do I Really Need Gutters?
Do Gutters Add Value to Home?
Homeowners who don’t have gutters on their home might be wondering if they even need gutters installed. There are times when a homeowner will not have to have gutters installed on their home and that is when there is a big of an overhang on your roof, your home slopes downwards, you live in a dry climate that gets little rain, or your home is surrounded by concrete. If none of these ring true for you, then you should consider getting gutter installation service. Seamless gutters are a great gutter system that doesn’t require a lot of maintenance and won’t leave you with a gutter system that leaks or clogs easily. Because of how these gutters are constructed, it is important to have a roofing contractor install your gutter system. Just like you wouldn’t attempt toilet repair on your own, you shouldn’t attempt to install a seamless gutter on your own. If you need gutter services in Canton, GA, call the roofers at Affordable Gutters Plus LLC. We are able to install seamless gutters, as well as leaf guards. To learn more about our services and prices, give us a call today at 770-735-4433!