In 2014, the State of Georgia enacted a building code in the Georgia State Minimum Standards Residential Code that states that all buildings must have a drip edge. Most other states do not require this code, and many roofing contractors believe that if a home’s shingles extend far enough over the gutter, then installing a drip edge is not necessary. The state of Georgia deems a drip edge necessary due to the amount of rainfall the state gets every year and to ensure that its residents are safe with a sturdy roof. It is a simple and affordable one-time installation that will help to prevent your roof from leaks and damage.
Here are some benefits of a drip edge
- Prevents water from seeping into the gap or crack between the decking and fascia.
- Prevents roof rot
- Prevents insulation damage
- Prevents mold growth
- Prevents home flooding from water flowing backwards down the roof behind the gutters
- Prevents roof deterioration
- Prevents shingle damage
- Provides additional support to shingles
- Blocks wind from blowing rain or pooled water into the cracks
- Keeps out vermin and insects
- Helps move water into your gutters to be drained out into the ground
- Prevents rotten fascia and soffit from happening as often
- Stay up to Georgia’s housing codes and standards
- Snow and rain will trickle down your roof instead of sitting stagnant or getting blown backwards in between the gaps of the decking
If you need affordable drip edge installation or repair in Canton, GA, call Affordable Gutters Plus LLC at 770-735-4433 today.